Tuesday, March 1, 2011

DISABILITY AND IRONMAN

Please help and Give generously.
For those who are new to this  blog My name is John Cooke .I am a solicitor in Perth, Western Australia and a current Committee member/ Vice -President and Past president of the Ethnic Disability Advocacy Centre.( EDAC )

I am also a wannabe triathlete. I have recorded my training and thoughts on my journey in triathlon over the past 2 years on a blog. I am now training towards Ironman Lanzarote on 21 May 2011 and Ironman Busselton on 4 December 2011 An Ironman is a triathlon with a 3.8km swim , 180km bike and 42 km run.

As part of my commitment to compete in these two events I hope to raise funds for EDAC towards continuing the support and assistance they provide to people with disabilities so that an individual with a disability may realise their full potential .

In the sport of triathlon , many ordinary people from all walks of life come to realise that what seemed extraordinary in the beginning can be overcome with dedication and perseverance. For someone with a disability providing a voice and advocating for their rights to realise their potential is such a similar journey of possibility.

EDAC : Welcome to the Ethnic Disability Advocacy Centre
Time for the World's Toughest Ironman : Ironman Lanzarote
Ironman Busselton: ironman western australia

Please give generously or drop me a line on my blog or contact EDAC directly if you wish to know more about the organisation and or wish to support EDAC in any other way.


At the present moment all donations have to be made to the organisation and or its account. We are in the process of setting up an online facility for donations.

Donations can be made to EDAC and please provide your name and address as all donations are tax deductible :

EDAC Bank Account details
ABN No. 35 913 004 810
Bankwest
BSB 306 089
Account No. 011 451-0

Or sending a cheque to EDAC to :

Ethnic Disability Advocacy Centre:
320 Rokeby Road
Subiaco WA 6008
AUSTRALIA “

2 comments:

  1. I will give my cheque personally to you, John when you arrive here for Singapore 70.3.

    Let's support John's worthy and thoughtful cause! After all, he will be doing all the training.

    ReplyDelete