Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Beginning of Spring

Mundaring Weir covered in Fog

No view of the resevoir

Zig-Zag Kalamunda looking towards Perth in the distance

The Zig-Zag Track ...You can only ride down


I was out alone today for the Hills ride and it has been a while since I went out by myself.It was the first day of spring and unfortunately Bryce was not well.I did my regular hills loop of 90kms .It was slow but I felt better. There were patches where I was slow and the roads were wet and there was a lot of sand and dirt on the roads In Mundaring Weir as there was a Water treatment project underway.

It was very foggy in the valley and I could not see the reservoir. otherwise it was a really nice day.

The highlight was riding the last hill up to Kalamunda and managing to get passed by some cyclist but I hung on to pass 2 of them.

Did the 90kms in 4 hours but it was a slow hard ride. The legs felt OK after the ride so i must be feeling better. The neck and shoulder were sore  though after the ride. Went to bed in the evening and I was out in minutes.


Untitled by cookejohn at Garmin Connect - Details

 

1 comment: