Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hills Ride

A review of moulin from she, the epicuriousgirl.

Le Croissant Du Moulin
169 Railway Road, Gooseberry Hill WA 6076
(08) 9293 4345 () ‎


Today was a Hills ride , just 100km at my own pace. It was a cold fresh morning with clear skies and traffic seemed quite low. I did regular route going through the Guildford Town and then through back roads to Helena Valley and Glen Forrest , Mundaring and on to Kalamunda.

The climbs were not too bad but I was slow averaging just over 25kph.But the rides on the flats were fast and I did not have the fatigue I usually would have after such a ride. I did not have any gels , just a High5 drink and a bidon of electrolyte and some lollies.But I managed to survived without any nutrition or energy issues.

I did stop for coffee at the French Patisserie at Kalamunda and got served by a French waitress. It turned out to be a great day with clear skies and the view of Perth city from the Zig Zag at Kalamnda was fantastic. Even truck drivers carrying loads to the Mundaring water treatment plant under construction were generally giving me a wide berth and giving way . I was the only solo rider in the hills with a few groups passing me in the opposite direction .




No comments:

Post a Comment