Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Australia Day

It is Australia day today .For the past 3 years I have got up early and made my way to point Walter for the Australia Day Race .This year it sold out and I didn't want to have to pay $75 dollars for the privilege. It was going to be crowded and I decided it would be more productive keeping to my training regime.

Hence a ride at Nedlands with the group. Got up at 4.50am and I was out of the house by 5.12am .Rode the 40 minutes to Nedlands slow and easy .I was sore from last nights run . Ross had planned a 30 min hard ride with 10 min cycle and 5 minute cool down.I wasn't running so I just rode for 40 minutes.I got dropped after the first lap as I could not keep up .My legs were pretty spent.But got onto the back of Ross's group and hung in there.

Averaged 35.5kph for the 40 minutes. We had coffee at a cafe in Nedlands and then rode home by 8.30am .There was hardly any traffic around. A very nice start to Australia Day.

I sent the morning surfing the net for all things Triathlon. Came across on a fellow triathletes blog , extracts of a speech by Pulitzer Prize winner Anna Quindlen at Villanova University on June 23, 2000. It is preaching to the converted but a timely reminder and all that I enjoy about the lifestyle I have .I am able to get out and watch the sunrise , admire the beauty around me and just breathe.

Here is the link:http://pgoh13.free.fr/getalife_annaquindlen.html

1 comment: