Friday, July 8, 2011

Nothing Really Matters ....accept the Commitment






Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.”
Albert Einstein



The week rolls by.I have had a very easy week of mainly running.I had a rest day on Monday after a Sunday of  morning and evening runs totaling 21km .It was a fast morning run at  4.31 pace and a slower 6min per km run in the evening. On Tuesday , my first morning start with an hour of power ride with Exceed. It was cold and I rode with the girls and felt comfortable.did not push myself and in the evening I did a 13 km run with 3 x 1600 m at hard pace. I managed the first 1600 at 7.15min pace and then slowed for the other 2 1600m runs.But I will do the 6 x 800 m runs next week to see if I can maintain them at 3.30m pace.

I had another rest day on Wednesday and on Thursday I was too lazy to get out of bed to ride to work so I just ran in the evening.It was dark and cold. A couple of people said hi to me in Kings Park but I have no idea who they are.I managed a nice easy pace so I was happy with the run. I started with a hill climb and ended with a series of runs up the hill and did just under 11km.I unfortunately lost the data downloading it .Not quite sure what happened.

Whats important in the world this week . Roth turns 10. There are loads of races on . Marino Vanhoenacker smashed the Ironman World record time this past weekend in Austria in a time of just 7:45:58.Breaking the previous record of 7.50.
Craig Alexander smashes the record at Coeur D’Alene and books his ticket to Kona.Kate Bevilaqua won Ironman Korea at Jegu and is also on her way to Kona.

The week for me has been a lazy one as I meander thru winter planning and doing more planning , with work being a priority.But eventually the preparation and contemplation and study must stop.I am definitely overwhelmed with the information I have managed to read on Triathlon and training on the Net . But cutting through all the issues ultimately its about commitment and getting on with it. Chuckie V has written another great article :

Routine Training Programme

A timely slap in the face reminder that lounging about in winter is good for the soul in small doses but in the Endurance world if you want to get as good as Chrissie , you do have to put in the effort. Chrissie wrote on her blog recently about Nutrition the fourth discipline in triathlon. Its your body is your temple so'watch what you eat ....something I find hard to follow .there goes the commitment .

Meditation isn't enough . Chuckie adds that  most of the triathletes running past me probably trained  harder and longer than me. But with work and family , sacrifices and balance and planning all come into the equation. Get it right and it can be done.

Free Triathlon training programme

I am now pouring over programmes and articles on training as I start my preparation for Busselton.Accommodation is booked and the effort , sweat and tears and most of all the adventure begins again.

Enjoy the ride.







No comments:

Post a Comment