Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Week 6 Wet One





SHEPPARD  LET ME DOWN EASY
Training about to become Well ...Not so easy
John Forrest National Park Sunday 22 June 2014 MTB Ride



Time is slowly but surely ticking by. It has been a very wet week and so no rides on the road but lots of wind-trainer sessions .Monday was a rest day after the long run on Sunday and I decided to just take it easy. Tuesday was a cold and rainy day so I did a run on the treadmill managed to run 7km with 5 x 600m@13kph .It was hard given how slow I am at present but managed to get through it. In the evening I could not get to cross fit with the traffic and rain so opted for a wind trainer session for just over an hour.

Wednesday , again a run fortunately outside at lunch for 7km and in the evening a watt bike session with 9 x 30secs at max pace and 120 cadence followed by a 2.30 minute recovery . That was hard .
Fortunately I did not ride there. Thursday , just had the cross fit session and Friday I ran at lunch doing 7km slow and a further 5.5 km in the evening with Molly. Saturday , expecting more rain I opted for a wind trainer session although the weather turned out to be good till noon. It was 2 hours with a hills session for the first hour and threshold efforts for the 2nd hour .Found the last hour hard as the legs were pretty much hurting by then. I felt Irondog Molly's paw biting aptly demonstrated how I felt at the end .

Iron Dog Molly found the Wind Trainer Session Paw Biting




Saturday's Cross Fit Session



In the afternoon , I had a cross fit session which we did as a Team but it was again hard on the quads after the morning training session. I slept well that night accept for Molly seeing shadows in the garden at 1 am and had to let her out to investigate and bark at before she came back in satisfied . Up late on Sunday  with the intention of Mountain Biking at Kalamunda but opted for a trail ride by myself late morning . I did not avoid the rain though. It was nice and quiet for the most part .An hour into the ride I rode with another rider recovering from knee surgery . An experienced mountain biker I rode with him for the rest of the ride till he turned off to head home at Hovea and I rode back to Guildford. It was a good 45km ride and the legs were tired.

Training for the week
Bike: 4 hrs or 118km
MTB: 2.45hr or 45 km
Cross fit : 2 hrs
Running: 2.30 or 26kms
Total: 11.15 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment