Friday, October 4, 2013

Weeks 8 and 9 The Flu Fighters



Life throws up many curve balls and the test is being able to take the punches and get up. This winter as many athletes in Perth will know has been one of the wettest in a few years and for me a difficult training period with several bouts of flu and colds. Weeks 8 and 9 unfortunately were a bit of a wash out with my training disrupted by the dreaded flu and chest infection.I had 3 lots of antibiotics and loss my voice for 3 days but I am now getting back into it. It is unfortunately not the best Ironman preparation and has been a yo-yo training programe. But my whinge pales into insignificance .Despite my very vulnerable constitution this year , I am thankful I am out there trying.

The past week also brought news of a friend who I ride regularly with  was diagnosed with Leukemia and  is now having chemotherapy. Hoping that all goes well. Saw him today and he is optimistic .There are really only 2 ways to see the world , half full and half empty .We all get to choose .Lastly this week , the sun has come out and it has been good to feel the warmth of the sun again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment