Monday, September 12, 2011

A Perfect day



<>&lt;>
<>
At the Beach ... A perfect day
  Yesterday beside the importance of the day was also a  busy weekend of racing. There was the Ironman 70.3 and the ITU races in Beijing and the mega -tri event in Singapore.

Many friends were participating and it was great to hear of the successes. Many deserved because I know personally of the effort put in . Congratulations particularly to fellow Exceed club members and my coach Ross Pedlow who came in 12th in his age group in Beijing in the Olympic Distance and James 45th in his age group . I believe Ross was the fastest Aussie in his age group. Not too shabby for an old bloke.

The Australians dominated the Ironman 70.3 with Alexander and Rollison winning the Ironman 70.3 World championships.



Devashish Paul in the Xtri piece ,  Ironman 70.3 Vegas , wrote of the dominance of Aussies .





 But here in Sep in Nevada, the Aussie world champions, extended a podium sweep at Ironman Championships, that started last October in the lavafields of Hawaii with the wins by Macca and Carfrae. There appears to be an endless supply of amazing Ironman Champions coming from a country that in population is barely bigger than a large American state!
The Sport in Australia is looking good at the moment.


I had spent the morning sleeping as there was no swimming . I did eventually go swimming as Jonathan wanted to go to the beach so I managed a 40 minute swim at Cottesloe. It was a beautiful spring day and there were lots of people on the Beach. I decided not to use the wetsuit and the water was pretty cold despite the warm weather. It felt good after warming up  I  had issues with my goggles so stopped lots and whilst it was slow I enjoyed being back in the water.Could not help thinking about what was lurking around as the water was very murky and there was a lot of sediment in the water .But with the bright skies it wasn't really shark weather yesterday.

In the evening took the family out to East Perth for a  Korean dinner  and to celebrate our 19th wedding Anniversary. After 19 years of marriage the great thing is that she has learnt all my foibles and  tolerates me and my obsession. It is about tolerance and being accepting that not everything is going to go my way. I learn to be flexible. There is no I in We .  I have enjoyed 4 plus years of a tri lifestyle. I recall when I was first going to the gym and she complained about the number of hours I was working out in the Gym . On reflection it seem quite insignificant to the hours of training these days.

Overall for the week :

Run: approx 44km or 4.20
Swim: 6.5km or 2.40
bike: 225km or 8.10
Total : 15.10 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment