Monday, April 27, 2009

The taper week: towards the Busselton Half on 2 May 09

Monday 27 April 2009

There is relief insight with a short taper before the Busselton Half on 2nd May 2009 which Iam looking forward to.

Did a swim down at Cottlesloe this morning at 7am .It was a large turnout and there were triathletes from paul newsomes group and much later courtney ogdens and Robyn Scotts groups all out swimming at Cott .It looked impressive with so many triathletes in wetsuits.

It was also a perfect morning .There was hardly a ripple in the water and the water temperature was perfect.I was having a queasy stomach and did have an accident in the water but it didn't affect my swimming .Swam to the first buoy after the blue duck cafe and then headed back.

decided to do my run on tuesday and so had a restful day at home.
went over my nutrition for the Saturday ride and I had:

3.6litres of water
gatorade: 30g x 5 = 150g
3 carboshotz gels : 30 x 3 = 90g
2 coles blueberry bars : 2 x 30 = 60g
18 dates = 10 x 6= 60g
20 jelly beans : 10 x 2= 20g
Total carbohydrate intake: 380 g
avearge in 5.5 hrs was approximately 0.65 l water and 67g carbohydrate.

A swimming instruction video I found on You Tube which was apt for this morning traiing swim.

1 comment:

  1. All the best, Cookie! And don't forget to say hi when you past me on the race course ;)

    ReplyDelete