Saturday, September 14, 2019

Italy & France Cyclinng Tour 2019 ,22-23 August






It has been a few months after the UTA DNF but no rest for the wicked with run training and some cycling along the way. I have finished a 50km Truth & Consequences Perth Trail Series tun in Jarradale about 3 weeks ago and then to keep the fitness improvement here in Italy it is cycling with some runs and hikes.

The trip started on 21 August with a flight to Milan arriving on 22 August. The day is spent travelling and then getting our hire van to the lakes in Como , about an hour from Milan .

it was a long day with little sleep. Arrived in our Hotel Villa Marie at about 6.30 pm and once settled it was dinner and then bed.

The next day we put our bikes together. There are 4 of us from CRT cycling in Perth on a 16 day tour starting at Tremezzo which is across the lake from Bellagio . Found that the disc on my rear brake disc and tire were damaged. A quick stop to the local bike shop Bici Sport 2000 to have it fixed so no riding on the first day.

Instead I did a 10km run to Church called San Martino  It was a mere 4.5 km from the hotel but had 450meters of elevation .I managed to get to the top and back in 1.45hr .Humid and wet day out but satisfied with the work out. In the evening , I got a call from the Mechanic Lorenzo that the bike was fixwed and ran with Ian to the shop unfortunately I suggested Ian turn around at 5km when we could not locate the bike shop and I went on for 9km before realising I was lost and as I had no mobile managed to get back with a lift from a kind Italian (paid him 20 euro for helping) I picked up the bike the next day but on the first day on the trip managed over 18km of running.











When I got back I got a message from Lorenzo at the bike shop that the bike was fixed and so Ian and I went to the shop a short run .Unfortunately I got lost and ended up doing 9kms before getting a ride back Ian turned back at 5km but got a longer run than he planned.

First day on tour with an 18km run and fair bit of climbing.






No comments:

Post a Comment