Saturday, September 14, 2019

30 August 2019 Col Du Galibier






Today was one of the iconic rides of the trip.The climb to Col du Galibier from Valloire.This was about 18km and about 1500m of climbing. we rode down to the village a 2km descent and then slowly started the long climb to the top.It was great if not hot weather and lots of motor cycles zooming along to the top. It took me 2.5 hours and Ian passed me about 100m from the top . But we all finished . great views from the top .definitely a harder climb from Valliore then col du Lateret but both iconic in their own way . The last time I did this was coming back from a long ride from Briascon having climbed Galibier , I had to do it again so it was a long day and very hard.This time it did not feel as bad .




In the afternoon I did a short run of 8km getting about 360 m but felt really tired in the legs having ridden for 3 plus hours earlier in the day. I turned back when I reached a herd of cows who started to move when I arrived.





No comments:

Post a Comment