Saturday, September 14, 2019

Cycling Tour 24 August 2019 First Ride





Today was the first ride .In the group CRT riders Ian, Mike and Huw and myself .

We had flown toMilan arriving on 23 August 2019 and driven to Como arriving at Tremezzo on the western shore of lake Como for 7 nights of the cycling tour. My bike did not unfortunately make the trip unscathed .A damaged disc brake and tire meant a trip to the local bike mechanic for some repairs. fortunately there was a replacement and the bike was good as new but the first day at Hotel Villa Marie  meant no cycling .


In the afternoon when I got back from my run/hike had a message the bike was ready . Ian and I decided to run to the shop to get the bike .Unfortunately we passed the shop which was just 2.5 km down the road . Ian ran 5km before I suggested he turn back and I went 9km along the busy coast road with little by way of footpaths . Eventually managed to get someone running a small bar at the town of Argegno to drive me back to the hotel . Actually did 18kms of running on our first day !

We had spoken to the bike mechanic who suggested riding to San Fedele( Basilica di_San_Fedele-Como ) IT STARTED WITHA 9 KM RIDE DOWN THE COAST TOWARDS Como before a hour climb to the town and then a ride down via some side roads back to the hotel . Just over 3 hours and 900m of climbing. But it was nice and warm and really great scenery to be riding around .

Nice to get the first ride done and was hard despite not so steep climbs.
,







No comments:

Post a Comment