Sunday, July 28, 2013

Getting to the Start


Cross fit training with Boris

Saturday's weather meant a 2 hr wind-trainer session with Molly
It is the end of July and the past week has been one of wet  and cold weather. Racing and training admittedly has not been a top priority .

If anything I have been doing a lot less than I wanted and have done for the past 6 years since I jumped on this merry go round called Triathlon .But it has been good to get back to basics and doing workouts with no specific plan and  no programme . It has been  a great break from any structure and the only real disciplined effort has been trying to get to cross fit sessions regularly and watching the calories . One of the toughest session I did do was last week called Fight Gone bad. It was short with only about 18 minutes but it was as close as I got to throwing up .





I must say change in itself is not necessary a good thing but as I get older and with the time constraints getting bigger , knocking out the hours I did do in training was making me and did make me go backwards . There are those who can manage life with training 15-25 hours and do really well and Cross fit has its critics. Brian Mackenzies controversial approach to Marathon Training . Outside Magazine Christopher Solomon 

It may not be everyone's answer and I am a work in progress but even if it doesn't make me fast , I do know I will be able to at least do a few pull ups ( something I could not do a few months ago )  and  at least I will feel stronger .  Reconnecting with life has been refreshing .

Saturdays session which I could not complete .

But in all journeys there has to be a map and a route to follow. If anything even a loose plan that is followed 70% of the time is better than none. That preparation starts now.

It is 130 days or approximately 18 weeks to Busselton. In the midst of winter it is time to start preparing and building the discipline and routine needed. There will be the usual inconveniences of life interfering with training ,  sickness and mental fatigue. What matters is to stay the course and take the punches. 


No comments:

Post a Comment