Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Post Feral Training Week 51 -52

Kings Park Hill workouts on Mount Street(below)
After Feral 100 miler ,I had a month of a slow recovery and then a start towards training for Delirious 200 miler. There is the logistics to plan and the crew and that has been good.I made the decision to run delirious only a few weeks after Feral as I felt it was necessary to be calm , to work though the issues and most importantly the Why .That had changed from another challenge this past year to more a journey of discovery and an opportunity to experience the highs and lows and to embrace all the feelings and emotion both good and bad. It is in a way a test of all that I have learnt but not a test to pass but to experience .To be in the moment and to enjoy in nature. First 3 weeks was just walking for 30 minutes as I recovered /I had a good rest with lots of meditation that helped.Only casualties was 2 toe nails. From the end of November I started back on a plan . First week in December I had 4 hours with 2 hours just on the bike path and then drove to Busselton to watch Ironman and on Sunday ran for 2 hours as well.

Following the first week the routine build has been a hill session and a speed session and an easy run and then long runs on the weekend with some walking on sand . It has been a nice easy build. 

 

City Beach walk on Sand 12 December 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment