Monday, October 29, 2018

Week 9 10 - 16 September 2018

Spring is Coming

Training alone and in winter has always been difficult. Whilst the professional Triathletes are in a different stratospehere of training there is some nuggets of wisdom one can extract.,Lionel Sanders who is self coached is putting him huge hours of training on a windtrainer ,tread mill and pool in his basement simply because he loves the mental test of training.

you have to love what you are doing ie training and I must admit sometimes it has not been fund especially in the cold . The motivation after 10 or so years is not as strong although the different way of training has helped.

My weight has stabilised a bit despite the increase work load,partly as a result of the food .I have a fair bit of carbs in my diet and that is still the most difficult part to reduce .Not to go keto but to drop weight .

The week has ramped up with :

Did the Zwift Goeseng Grand fondo


Monday September 10, 2018 06:01 PM
1:28:33
41.8 km
Hard ride but has pushed my wattage up especially after the 2 weeks of doing the Zwift Academy  Programe


 
Tuesday 11 September 2018

Easy run of 7km in the afternoon followed by another Zwift session of just under 75 minutes and about 38 km .It was the last Zwift Academy group ride I had to do and whilst they were supposed to be easy , I always find the rides hard as the power output does increase and surge with most of the riders  I suspect having a much higher power output .

For me they are a good ride on tired legs .

Wednesday 12 September 2018

Today I did a short swim at Beatty park of just 1.5km straight out swim and in the morning I just did an easy 6.5km run at easy 7.30 minute per km pace.

In the evening a remedial massage which really gets all the knots in my back and legs .

Thursday 13 September 2018

Decided to have a rest day with the fatigue in the legs after the massage.

Friday 14 September 2018

Felt better for the rest and ran 8.5km at 6.25 min per km and felt good.In the evening rode on Zwift for 75 min covering 39km

Saturday 15 September 2018

First outing in 8 weeks on the road with CRT .It was about 4 degrees and cold. I rode from home and then did the usual circuit .Feeling stronger .Had coffee and then rode back for a total of 93km

I then ran off the bike 3km in 17mins

In the afternoon did Crossfit. Just 3 rounds of 5 exercises with 2 minutes on and a minute recovery.
The round was ;

Hammer hits
B ropes
Rolling wheel push/stretch
Standing knees
row
total 45 mins

Sunday

I swam in the morning to make up for the swim I missed. Beautiful day and swam at the new Scarborough pool .Not crowded and swam 2km straight with a Pull buoy.


I was feeling pretty tired but decided to finish the week with a run to have the total mileage at least at 30km and then rode a Zwift Academy TT race to finish the week and the zwift programme .
The legs were jelly by then.

total
swim 3.5km 1.40
Bike 246km 8.5hrs
run 31km or 4hr
cross fit 45min
total : 14

No comments:

Post a Comment