Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Week 6 Christmas Easy week

 

"“Do not give up. In order to reach your goal, be regular, be determined, be cheerful! Do not give up, do not give up! The Goal is ahead of you. If you do not give up, you are bound to reach your destined Goal.” -Sri Chinmoy"

The week is slowing to a restful recovery week from the programme .I only had 2 days at work and with Christmas on Friday 25 December I had 3 days of rest between sessions. 




Started with a rest day and meditation.I did a cycle session at the Gym .On Tuesday it was an hour running  with 4 x 500m on a hill .I did Mount Street and found it hard going with my coughing but got through the session with 7km . On Wednesday ,I did my strength session at the gym and an hour of Yoga ,felt a lot better for it .Again did my meditation in the evening when everything was more restful. Focusing on rest and parts of the body that one could relax such as the earlobes , hair finger tips breathing and feet. Harder to focus on these then just the other form of meditation learnt so far which is see, hear and feel and labeling the action and just moving on .

Thursday Christmas eve even though there was nothing on , I did a gym session with 5km of running and strength work .Mainly planks, and working on my balance on a Bosu ball.

Friday Christmas day was a quiet time of contemplating the most difficult year for everyone but also thankful here in WA .I had an easy meditation session and evening with Family.Saturday was just an hour of walking with 20 minutes going hard .Managed 7km in the heat.Sunday an easy hour running with 6mins on and 3 minutes walking for just under 8km.

A  pretty easy week .The weight remains static but hopefully in a month will be under 75kgs. I was suppose to go down to Denmark this coming week but that was put on hold .So will just train here and hopefully will be fit to help pace the runners at Delirious in February.

This weeks session is dealing with the negative thoughts that flood through and white-ant our desire in a race and convinces us to drop out in  the extreme scenario of a death spiral of negative thoughts.

What is imposter Syndrome

I have been trying to smile and to focus on relaxing on runs all hard as the thoughts flood in and out and for me the coughing is also a disruptor of focus.



No comments:

Post a Comment