Thursday, October 3, 2019

Training Ultra 8-22 September 2019




After the 3 weeks in Europe it was back to a cooler Perth and back to training with 3 weeks before the next Ultra run , the WTF 50 miler in Dwellingup.I had not signed up yet but it was going to be a 50 miler or a 100 miler .Chances a 50 miler .



The training program by Dave Kennedy was straight forward , the next 2 weeks , Mondayhill work at Mount Street off Kings Park x10 repeats for about 350 m elevation and 7km
Tuesday and Thursday easy runs of 7.5 km and Wednesday a threshold run with 20 minutes at a sustained rate .I manage about 5.10 to 5.30 pace and the rest is at about 6 min pace but I managed to avaerage about a 5.30 pace for the 8kms Friday a rest day and then on Saturday
I ran in Kings Park with repeats at Kokoda and managed 22kms in 3.5 hrs and 650 m elevation .

Sunday an easy 10 km run for a total of 64 km . Just one 30 min ride on Zwift .

The following week same routine with just 1 hour on Sunday which I did at Mundaring before a clinic with Vlad Ixel .It was part of the ultra series entry of 4 races I signed up. The clinic consisted of good info n running but also on strength training and stability exercises which I needed . That clinic also consisted of running so did about 15km for the weekend  but not really as in the program.






No comments:

Post a Comment