Monday, November 30, 2020

Week 1 November 16 2020

 

 “I compete only with myself, and I try to become a better human being. This is my goal.”

Sri Chinmoy

Molly and her view of a Walk on Sunday

The beginning of the journey  always commences with the first step. Even one that is hopefully to end in 2022. More than a 15 months to its conclusion.

It started with first contact with Rob Donkersloot to start a programme with the view of preparing and completing a hundred miler and Delirious 2022.

Week 1 is an easy start with 4 hours of running .Easy introduction and a zoom meeting on the introduction to the mental preparation .

Between training I rode to work twice this week and did my Bodypump class on Tuesday and Yoga on Saturday and one 45 min Weight session on Friday.

The emphasis is getting my weight down ,building strength I have lost over the past 10 months with a dedicated weight programme and building core .

The runs , included an easy run for an hour which was about 8km.On Thursday an easy 20 min warm up and then 4 x 2 minutes up a hill and then 20 minutes cooldown.Struggled with the hill work but managed 7.5km .

Saturday ,did a 1 hour steady walk .Harder than it seems with aiming for a 9 min per km pace ended up with a 10min pace and 6km.On Sunday a warm day in perth I ran an easy 9 km for an hour easy run.I did have a coughing fit which I get regularly but once I have coughed it out I am fine.

Easy start to a year long program. Also a gentle introduction to mindfullness and meditation with the view to trying to harness the mind in the negative inner thoughts that will surely invade one's thoughts whilst running. 

Prior to starting a training programme I had signed up for a introduction to Meditation twice with the Sri Chinmoy Group only to have had to cancel as I was unwell. Finally have started this aspect of the journey and will be going to a session. and the movie screening by Grahak Cunningham of the 3100 Transcendental run doco called Run and Become 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment